the Long Island Geothermal Energy Organization (LI-GEO)?
Mission Statement: To educate and advocate for the advancement of geothermal ground source heating and cooling systems on the Long Island.
The Long Island Geothermal Energy Organization (LI-GEO) is a 501(c)6 nonprofit trade association with the specific goal to advance the use of geothermal ground source heat pumps as a solution to Long Island’s heating and cooling needs. Other terms used are “geothermal “or “geoexchange” heating and cooling. We will use the term “geothermal heating and cooling systems.”
This technology taps into the natural heat of the Earth using a heat pump—rather than the combustion of fossil fuels—to maintain a comfortable indoor temperature. Since the geothermal (or ground-source) heat pump uses the Earth as a heat source in winter and a heat sink in summer, geothermal is a renewable and green technology.
Stakeholders in LI-GEO include geothermal heating and cooling system designers, manufacturers, distributors and installers, HVAC contractors, drillers, plumbers, engineers, architects, utilities, government officials and educators, environmental consultants, facility directors and businesses, students, homeowners and individuals interested in the practical applications of geothermal heating and cooling technology.
LI-GEO is a regional organization working together with governmental, professional, commercial and residential entities and individuals to promote geothermal heating and cooling systems as a viable renewable energy technology.
Goals of LI-GEO are to:
- Determine the positioning of geothermal heating and cooling systems within the existing Long Island marketplace;
- Analyze all issues promoting, influencing, inhibiting or restricting the mass adoption of geothermal heating and cooling systems;
- Develop and implement methodologies to affect those issues for the benefit of increased utilization of geothermal heating and cooling systems;
- Promote geothermal heat pumps past, present and future roles in energy, economic and societal benefits.
Purpose: LI-GEO’s purpose is to provide a consistent and cohesive approach in organizing and operating a regional trade organization for the use of geothermal heating and cooling and to associate LI-GEO with other national and regional associations to provide value to LI-GEO members in the development, promotion and meeting of LI-GEO’s goals.
Officers of LI-GEO
- John, formerly the Director of Commercial Energy Efficiency Programs at the Long Island Power Authority (LIPA), is now...
- Zachary Fink is the lead Geothermal Designer for ZBF Geothermal, LLC. At ZBF Geothermal, Zach specializes on high...
- John Rhyner is a licensed Professional Geologist and is now the Director of Sustainable Energy Group at P.W. Grosser...
- Neil Rosen is the Director of Sustainable Development at North Shore LIJ Health System. He has 28 years’...